What is done:
- Clicking on the annotation icon open and closes the annotation window.
- Annotations can be deleted (by gpoo).
- The annotation window has one color, like a post-it.
- The annotation window opens focused.
- The popup menu opened upon right-clicking the annotation icon contains only annotation options (i.e., “Annotation properties” and “Delete”).
- If the annotation window is focused, the changes to the annotation are acknowledged.
- The annotation window color is changed immediately once the user selects another color in the properties window and clicks on “Apply”.
What is still missing:
- Clicking and moving the pointer on the annotation window does not select the text but moves the window (used to work before 🙁 ).
- When an annotation window appears as a result of scrolling through the document, it should not get the focus.
- The icon needs to be “movable”.
- Alt-tab behaves in a weird way if there is an annotation window open.
- There should be an indication as to which comment icon a note belongs to when it is opened.
And of course… implementation of other annotations!
Here are screenshots of before and after: